Torso Time

It’s getting hot in here. And some people are taking off their clothes. According to Racked.com, the boys at Hollister in SoHo are still fully clad though. At least until this weekend, when the temperature will rise and they’ll start to show off their naked torsos. However, uptown, well, that’s a different story!

This past Wednesday afternoon, strolling up Fifth Avenue I walked by the usual clean cut frat boy looking model vendors hanging outside of the Abercrombie & Fitch store. They were all wearing cute matching blue plaid shirts. I couldn’t resist: I turned around and decide to go in, why not, I haven’t been there in ages. In this discotheque-like-store, with the music so loud and the lights so dark, I usually don’t feel inclined to splurge anyways cause I can’t see much. But wait, I did see something, as soon as I walked in, before my eyes got used to the darkness… I caught just a glimpse, and I can’t help myself and turn around again (for the second time in 5 seconds!) And there it was, the proof that Spring time has arrived: the in-store live mannequin…shirtless! It was quite the sight. What can I say, I’m a sucker and a victim of the brand’s explicit homoeroticism advertisement. Blame it on spring fever. Sorry girls, I was too distracted and suddenly shy to take out my camera and photograph the living Adonis. Guess you’ll have to check it out for yourselves this weekend. And happy shopping of course.

Hollister: Spend $150 and get a $50 gift card. That's an in-store only promotion. You'll just "have" to go there then...
600 Broadway
New York, NY 10003
212-334-1922

Abercrombie & Fitch
720 Fifth Avenue
212-381-0110

Bookmark and Share