Saxon and Parole is on a roll

You’ve gotta be really alert to keep up with all the new eatery and bar openings on the Bowery. One of them is the newish Saxon + Parole, where Double Crown used to live (not very memorable). I’ve been there three times, just to make sure it’s consistently good, of course! Well, kudos to the chef and the staff. This is going to become my reliable neighborhood to-go restaurant. I usually arrive without a reservation, and that’s ok because I’m never snubbed by the hostess.

Old school bartenders: mega ice cube waiting to be chiseled

The restaurant is usually fully booked. That’s not an obstacle to me, since I’m a big bar-dining fan. Besides, the mixologists at S&P absolutely know their craft. They can prepare a delicious Aperol Spritz, my favorite drink.

Yummy souffle

The food is labeled American, and I recommend the fillet and the chocolate soufflé, which was delightful.

316 Bowery, (corner of Bleecker St)

212 2540350

saxonandparole.com

Bookmark and Share